Excellent editor and project manager for writers
- Helps you organize a book more easily
- Lots of different writing templates
- Useful corkboard
- Suitable for writers and teachers alike
- May be unstable/buggy at times
Scrivener is a project management and writing tool that aims to make you a better writer.
Scrivener takes you through from idea to final draft.
It helps you outline and structure your ideas, take notes, build storyboards and much more. There's a handy theme tracker which allows you to track themes using keywords and it can also help you combine multiple scenes into a single text.
The developers claim that Scrivener is so good that it's been enthusiastically adopted by best-selling novelists. You can believe it too because it's clear to see how Scrivener can help you write a book far more logically and painlessly than trying to write on a blank canvas in Word for example.
The corkboard view in particular is excellent at allowing you to pinpoint and categorize different scenes for chapters, scenarios, and concepts.
Although Scrivener takes a bit of getting used to, serious writers may find that it helps significantly improve the creative writing process.
- Refinements and Changes-- Mavericks Compatible Scrivener has been updated to be fully compatible with Mavericks, including support for tags when saving and exporting. Localisations The main interface has been translated into German, French and Spanish (other languages to come). By more...